Table of Contents
What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia. The American Psychiatric Association doesn’t officially recognize this phobia.
What is Haphephobia?
Haphephobia is an anxiety disorder characterized by a fear of being touched. Other names for haphephobia include chiraptophobia, aphenphosmphobia, and thixophobia.
Is Aibohphobia a real word?
Aibohphobia is the (unofficial) fear of palindromes, which are words that read the same front and back and, you guessed it, the word itself is a palindrome.
What is the #1 phobia?
1. Social phobias. Fear of social interactions. Also known as Social Anxiety Disorder, social phobias are by far the most common phobia our Talkspace therapists see in their clients.
What are the rarest fears?
Rare and Uncommon Phobias
- Chirophobia | Fear of hands.
- Chloephobia | Fear of newspapers.
- Globophobia (Fear of balloons)
- Omphalophobia | Fear of Umbilicus (Bello Buttons)
- Optophobia | Fear of opening your eyes.
- Nomophobia | Fear of not having your cell phone.
- Pogonophobia | Fear of facial hair.
- Turophobia | Fear of cheese.
What does Paraskevidekatriaphobia stand for?
Fear of Friday the 13th
Paraskevidekatriaphobia: Fear of Friday the 13th.
What is agoraphobia?
Agoraphobia is a fear of being in situations where escape might be difficult or that help wouldn’t be available if things go wrong. Many people assume agoraphobia is simply a fear of open spaces, but it’s actually a more complex condition. Someone with agoraphobia may be scared of: travelling on public transport.
What is Metaphobia?
Emetophobia is a fear of vomiting or seeing others being sick. Those who experience emetophobia may also fear being out of control while they are being sick or fear being sick in public, which can trigger avoidance behaviours.
What is a fear of fear called?
There’s also such a thing as a fear of fears (phobophobia). This is actually more common than you might imagine. People with anxiety disorders sometimes experience panic attacks when they’re in certain situations.
What are the D words?
Explore the Words
- dally. waste time.
- dapper. marked by up-to-dateness in dress and manners.
- dauntless. invulnerable to fear or intimidation.
- dawdle. take one’s time; proceed slowly.
- dearth. an insufficient quantity or number.
- debacle. a sudden and complete disaster.
- debilitate. make weak.
- debunk. expose while ridiculing.
Is there word for the fear of geese?
The fear of birds, or ornithophobia , is a very real specific phobia. In fact, the actual fear of ducks and geese would be characterized as a form of ornithophobia. Specific phobias are classified as one of five different sub-types: Ornithophobia is an animal type of specific phobia.
What is the name for the phobia of geese?
Chinaphobia – The fear of a goose or of geese. Chionophobia – Fear of snow. Chioniophobia – Fear of snow. Chiraptophobia – Fear of being touched.
What phobia is fear of pigeons?
Ornithophobia, or fear of birds, is a specific phobia that can severely impact your life, especially if it turns into a fear of leaving your home.
What phobia is the fear of boogers?
Nakusophobia is the fear of boogers.