Table of Contents
- 1 What does it mean to mock somebody?
- 2 What does unassailable mean in literature?
- 3 What does it mean if someone is inaccessible?
- 4 Why do people mock others?
- 5 What is an unassailable truth?
- 6 What is a heady feeling?
- 7 Has been retrieved meaning?
- 8 Is inaccessible a real word?
- 9 What is the meaning of the word enable?
- 10 What is disable and enable?
- 11 What is the noun for enable?
What does it mean to mock somebody?
: to laugh at or make fun of (someone or something) especially by copying an action or a way of behaving or speaking. : to criticize and laugh at (someone or something) for being bad, worthless, or unimportant. mock.
What does unassailable mean in literature?
: not assailable : not liable to doubt, attack, or question an unassailable argument an unassailable alibi. Other Words from unassailable Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About unassailable.
What do you mean by retrieving?
verb (used with object), re·trieved, re·triev·ing. to recover or regain: to retrieve the stray ball. to bring back to a former and better state; restore: to retrieve one’s fortunes.
What does it mean if someone is inaccessible?
: difficult or impossible to reach, approach, or understand : not accessible. See the full definition for inaccessible in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
Why do people mock others?
Primitive forms of mockery represent the attempt to use aggression to protect oneself from engulfment, impingement or humiliation by diminishing the perceived power and threat of the other. However, mockery may also preserve the object relationship, because the other is needed to provide the material for caricature.
Is mocking rude?
Mocking, imitating, and laughing at parents can be harmless fun, but it can also become an annoying behavior that undermines your authority. That’s disrespect and an attempt to chip away at your position of authority.
What is an unassailable truth?
Impossible to dispute or disprove; undeniable: unassailable truths.
What is a heady feeling?
: causing feelings of excitement or dizziness : having a powerful effect on your senses. : very excited and happy. See the full definition for heady in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
How do you use the word retrieve?
Retrieve sentence example
- She dashed off to her room to retrieve it.
- He eyed her warily and then leaned over to retrieve the bale.
- She made a list of things she would need and a separate list of things she wanted to retrieve from the old house.
- She reached down with one hand to retrieve the baton.
Has been retrieved meaning?
1. to get or fetch back again; recover: he retrieved his papers from various people’s drawers. 2. to bring back to a more satisfactory state; revive. 3. to extricate from trouble or danger; rescue or save.
Is inaccessible a real word?
not accessible; unapproachable.
Can a person be inaccessible?
There are a lot of ways this word is used. A building without a ramp is often called inaccessible because people who use wheelchairs can’t get in. People can be inaccessible too. If your doctor has office hours only one hour a day every two months, she’s really inaccessible.
What is the meaning of the word enable?
Definition of enable. transitive verb. 1a : to provide with the means or opportunity training that enables people to earn a living. b : to make possible, practical, or easy a deal that would enable passage of a new law.
What is disable and enable?
Disable: Control Panel > Network&Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings. Right-click[network]> Disable.
What is the definition of enable?
enable(Verb) To make able (to do, or to be, something); to confer sufficient power upon; to furnish with means, opportunities, and the like; to render competent for; to empower; to endow. enable(Verb) To allow a way out or excuse for an action.
What is the noun for enable?
Nouns for enable include enablement, enablements, enabler, enablers, enabling and enablings. Find more words at wordhippo.com!