Table of Contents
- 1 What are the 5 fundamentals of basketball?
- 2 What are 10 key words associated with the sport basketball?
- 3 What are the terms used in basketball?
- 4 What are the terminologies in basketball?
- 5 What are the terms of basketball?
- 6 What does 6 up mean in basketball?
- 7 What are the terms used in a basketball game?
- 8 What are the terms of basketball in the apprentice?
What are the 5 fundamentals of basketball?
What are the 5 basic skills in basketball?
What are 5 types of basketball equipment?
- Basketball Equipment. Basketball can be played with very little equipment.
- The Backboard. An official NBA backboard is made of transparent glass, but a wooden or metal backboard will work as well.
- The Ball. You’ll need a ball to play the game.
- The Hoop.
- Basketball Jerseys.
- Basketball Shoes.
- Basketball Shorts.
- Basketball Socks.
What are 10 key words associated with the sport basketball?
10 Words From Basketball
- Slam dunk. Definition: something that is sure to happen or to be successful.
- Full court press. Photo: majorvols.
- Jump shot.
- Point guard.
- Sixth man.
What are 4 basketball skills?
Some of the most important skills that are part of the game of basketball include shooting, dribbling, defense, rebounding, and passing. Outside of these basketball-specific skills the need for good athleticism, jumping ability, speed, and stamina are all important skills in the game too.
What are the terms used in basketball?
- Air Ball: The ball misses the hoop and backboard entirely.
- Alley-oop: A high arc pass to a teammate in a position near the basket to leap and score.
- Alternating-possession rule: A rule in which teams take turns possessing the ball after stopped plays.
- Assist: A pass that sets up a score.
What are the 5 basketball skills and execution?
The Five Basic Skills of Basketball
- Dribbling. Dribbling is an important skill for all basketball players.
- Shooting. In order to score points in basketball, you need to shoot the ball into the hoop.
- Running. Running is a big part of basketball.
What are the terminologies in basketball?
What are the 3 important equipment in playing basketball?
Basketball is a simple game, it doesn’t require any equipment other than a hoop, a ball and a flat court.
What are the terms of basketball?
Here are a few terms you and your child will come across on the basketball court.
- Airball. A shot attempt that was off the mark and didn’t touch the basket or the backboard.
- Box Out.
- Double Dribble.
What are sports terms?
|Table Tennis||Volley, Late service, Drive spin, Half volley, Back hand, Chop, etc.|
|Tennis||Service, Grandslam, Deuce, Advantage, Game Point, Break point, Smash, Shot, Break, Grass Court, , Drop shot, Netplay, Baseline, etc.|
|Volleyball||Spikers, Booster, Deuce, Smash, Sidearm, Panetration, etc|
What does 6 up mean in basketball?
6 up means the game score is 6 tied to 6, “6 up high” or “6 up low” is sometimes used to differentiate between 6 – 6 vs 16 – 16.
What are the 6 basic skills in basketball?
Here are six different skills your child will develop at a basketball-focused sports clinic.
- Dribbling. Dribbling the ball is one of the fundamentals of playing basketball.
- A Great Learning Opportunity.
What are the terms used in a basketball game?
The terms in basketball are: In a Basketball game, the basket of a team is normally consists of the basket ring and net. The players of the team try to shoot the ball through this net. In the first half of a match, the visiting team has the choice of baskets.
What makes up the basket in a basketball game?
Basket or Backboard. In a Basketball game, the basket of a team is normally consists of the basket ring and net. The players of the team try to shoot the ball through this net. In the first half of a match, the visiting team has the choice of baskets. The basket they select remains its basket for the first half.
What are the terms of basketball in the apprentice?
Terms of Basketball gives the approach to the apprentice and the professionals how to play and what to play. Terms of Basketball are defined with the elaborate discussions how the basketball moves and what the professionals use while playing the basketball.
When does a basketball player hold the ball?
Held ball − Sometimes a player is surrounded by too many opponents that he cannot pass the ball to any of his teammates. He holds the ball tightly and sometimes even one of his opponents might also hold the ball at the same time. To take control of the ball, one of them should snatch it by force. This situation is called a held ball.