Table of Contents
How do you use the word bestowed in a sentence?
given formally or officially.
- The country bestowed its highest medal on the war hero.
- The Chancellorship of the University was bestowed upon her in 1992.
- The first prize was bestowed upon the winner.
- The Queen has bestowed a knighthood on him.
- Time spent in study is time well bestowed.
What does bestowed upon me mean?
bestow on (someone) To gift, grant, or award something to someone. The gift can be named between “bestow” and “on.” I can’t believe that much responsibility has been bestowed on me—I’m just an intern! Before my grandmother died, she bestowed this vintage coffee table on me.
Can you say bestowed with?
The OED bestowed is only used with the prepositions ‘on/upon’. You need, “The gift of being an involuntary mentor has been bestowed upon me.” Note my new version sounds very sarcastic. It suggests you do not think it is not a “gift” at all, but an unwelcome burden. Thanks!
How do you express gratitude in words?
These general thank-you phrases can be used for all personal and professional communications:
- Thank you so much.
- Thank you very much.
- I appreciate your consideration/guidance/help/time.
- I sincerely appreciate ….
- My sincere appreciation/gratitude/thanks.
- My thanks and appreciation.
- Please accept my deepest thanks.
What is the sentence of message?
He said he had a message , and that I’m the message , she said. I just got the message a few minutes ago. This message is from Dusty. I left a message for him to check on you.
What is the synonym of bestowed?
Some common synonyms of bestow are afford, confer, donate, give, and present.
What is the meaning of upon me?
(Almost) about to happen, arrive, or commence.
Will you be bestowed upon?
to present as a gift; give; confer (usually followed by on or upon): The trophy was bestowed upon the winner.
How do you thank your family?
Ways to say thank you to your family:
- Thank you to the most amazing family I could have asked for.
- Thanks for being the best family ever.
- Thank you all for being so incredible.
- To my family–thank you for all that you do.
- Thank you for always making me smile.
- When I’m feeling low, I know I can always count on you all.
How do you thank someone for their kindness?
Other ways to say thank you in any occasion
- I appreciate what you did.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you for your time today.
- I value and respect your opinion.
- I am so thankful for what you did.
- I wanted to take the time to thank you.
- I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Your kind words warmed my heart.
What are the example of sentences?
Examples of simple sentences include the following:
- Joe waited for the train. “Joe” = subject, “waited” = verb.
- The train was late.
- Mary and Samantha took the bus.
- I looked for Mary and Samantha at the bus station.
- Mary and Samantha arrived at the bus station early but waited until noon for the bus.
How to say thank you for Kindess to your family?
Here is a collection of sample thank you messages for kindess which you can use. On behalf of the whole family, I express my gratitude for the kindness you have shown to my daughter during the time while we were out of the country. Thank you for your kindness, especially during the times when I was down and needy.
How to thank people for acts of kindness?
Thank you so much. If God gave you a penny for every act of kindness you have done to our organization, you would be millionaire. We are forever grateful to you. With you around, I feel I will never be alone in this battle. Thank you for your kindness and for always being there for me.
How to express gratitude for family and friends?
You have given me family and friends who bless me every day with kind words and actions. They lift me up in ways that keep my eyes focused on you and make my spirit soar. Also, thank you, Lord, for keeping me safe. You protect me from those things that seem to haunt others.
Which is true about the Act of kindness?
15) An act of kindness is simple to explain in accounting terms. It is an asset for the giver, a lifelong debt for the receiver and a capital expenditure which will yield permanent revenues in the form of happiness. Thank you for being kind and changing the balance sheet of my life.