Table of Contents
How do you unlock a 3 digit combination lock?
2 Method 2 of 3: Opening the Combination Lock
- Turn the dial on the lock clockwise three times. Turn the dial to the right.
- Stop turning when the marker points to the first number of the combination.
- Turn the dial back to the left for one full turn.
- Turn the dial to the right.
- Open the lock.
What do I do if I forgot my master lock code?
Submit a Lost Combination Form
- Find your lock’s serial number.
- Print out the Lost Combination Form (PDF).
- Have the form notarized by a Notary Public to prove you are the owner of the lock. You can include up to 6 combinations on one notarized form.
- Submit your form to: Master Lock Warehouse. 24 North Free Port Drive.
What are the possible combinations for a 3 digit code?
If what you want are all possible three digit numbers with no repetition of the digits then you have 10 choices for the first digit, you have 9 choices for the 2nd digit, and you have 8 choices for the 3rd digit giving you 10x9x8 = 720 in all.
How do you figure out the combination to a 4 digit lock?
How to Open a 4 Number Combination Lock
- Look for your combination number.
- Set the first digit of the combination.
- Set the second digit of the combination.
- Set the third digit of the combination.
- Set the fourth digit of the combination.
- Pull the shackle to unlock.
How do I reset my Vaultz lock box if I forgot the combination?
Vaultz lock box reset can be done in the following way:
- Set Vaultz lockbox the dial to 000.
- Turn the Vaultz lockbox shackle at a 90-degree angle from the lock position.
- Push the lockbox’s shackle down but try to do that outside of the lock.
- Set the new Vaultz lockbox code.
- Pull the Vaultz lockbox shackle up.
What do I do if I forgot my master lock combination?
You can visit a Master Lock Distributor / Retailer or submit a Lost Combination form. Bring your lock to the retailer. Be sure that it is not attached to anything. If you do not bring the lock, or it is attached to something, we will not release the combination.
Is there a way to open a combination lock without a code?
These steps can be helpful to open a combination lock without a code, but must only be done on the personal lock in case of an emergency. Never open combination locks that do not belong to you. Method 1: Cracking the Code of Combination Locks; Method 2: Creating a Shim for Combination Locks; Method 3: Using the Serial Number of Combination Locks;
What do you do if you forget a lock combination?
If the lock is unlocked at the time the combination is forgotten, it’s much simpler. Just reset the combination: Set the dial to 000. Turn the shackle at a 90 degree angle from the lock position. Push the shackle down (outside of the lock). Set the desired code. Pull the shackle up. Turn it back to the lock position.
How to find a lost Master Lock combination?
For lost combinations check to see if your lock has a serial number. Please see examples of a serial number if you are unsure if your lock features one. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide combinations for non–serialized locks.
How do you find the second number on a combination lock?
Turn the dial anticlockwise to find the second number. With a gentle pressure on the shackle, turn the dial slowly. You should go around the mechanism once before trying for the second number. The lock will make a bump and click catch as you turn.