Table of Contents
Why does my iPhone restore keep failing?
Oftentimes, an iPhone won’t restore because a broken or otherwise faulty Lightning cable. Try using a different Lightning cable, or borrow one from a friend. Additionally, using third-party cables that are not MFi-certified by Apple can cause restore problems.
How do I restore my iPhone when it says error?
If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad,…
- Update your Mac or PC. Install updates for your Mac.
- Plug directly into your computer. Plug your iOS device directly into your computer’s USB port (not into an attached keyboard or USB hub).
- Check your computer’s security software.
- Try again.
Why does my iPhone say error when I try to update it?
‘iPhone software update failed’ error can also appear if your mobile does not have enough space for the latest iOS files. Free up more storage space by deleting unwanted apps, photos, videos, cache, and junk files, etc. To remove unwanted data follow Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage and tap Manage Storage.
How do I force my iPhone 5 to restore?
Force restarts are very simple and require no tools.
- Step 1 How to Force Restart an iPhone 5. Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button. Add Comment.
- Continue holding both buttons for about 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. 9 comments. Add Comment. Cancel.
How do I force my iPhone to Restore?
Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down button at the same time. Keep holding the buttons, even once you see the Apple logo. Release both buttons when you see the Recovery Mode screen.
How do I reset my iPhone stuck in recovery mode?
Press and hold the Power button with the Home button. Keep holding both buttons for 8 seconds, then release the Power button but keep holding the Home button. Your iPhone is in DFU mode if it appears on your computer but the iPhone screen remains blank. If anything is on the screen, return to step one.
How do I put iPhone in restore mode?
How to Put the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus Into Recovery Mode
- Connect your iPhone to a computer.
- Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down button at the same time.
- Keep holding the buttons, even once you see the Apple logo.
- Release both buttons when you see the Recovery Mode screen.
What to do if iTunes Cannot restore iPhone?
You can put your iOS device in recovery mode, then restore it using your computer. In these situations, you might need to use recovery mode to restore your device: Your computer doesn’t recognize your device or says it’s in recovery mode.
What do I do if my iPhone wont update or restore?
You can put your iOS device in recovery mode, then restore it using your computer. You may need to use recovery mode to restore your device in the following situations: Your computer doesn’t recognise your device or says it’s in recovery mode.
How can I restore my iPhone?
Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup
- Turn on your device.
- Follow the onscreen setup steps until you reach the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Choose a backup.
- When asked, sign in with your Apple ID to restore your apps and purchases.
How do you reset a disabled iPhone 5s?
Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to shut down. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
What do I do when my iPhone 5s wont turn on?
Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. If the phone restarts continue to charge the phone until it is at 100%. If it will not restart Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician.