Table of Contents
When retrieving a boat at a ramp What should be avoided boat us?
When retrieving, do not pull your vessel into a launch lane until the towing vehicle is at the ramp. The line is formed by vehicles with trailers, not by vessels in the water.
How do you retrieve a boat from the ramp?
Tips for retrieving your boat: Don’t reverse too far down the ramp – some ramps are difficult or not suitable at low tide. Remember to raise the outboard before winching the boat on to the trailer. Connect the safety chain when the boat is in its correct position. Drive clear of the ramp so it is free for others to use.
When you are retrieving your boat from the water what should you do to prevent a traffic jam on the boat ramp?
What should you do to prevent a traffic jam on the boat ramp? Block the boat ramp with an unattended vehicle. Power load your boat onto its trailer instead of using the trailer’s winch. Pull your boat away from the ramp to prepare it for the drive home.
What should you do when retrieving a trailered boat from the water?
When it’s your turn to retrieve your boat, back your trailer into the water until two-thirds of its bunks or rollers are submerged. Like launching your boat, you should keep your towing vehicle’s wheels out of the water unless absolutely necessary.
What is the first thing you should do after retrieving a boat onto a trailer?
- Unload the boat away from the ramp if possible.
- Back the trailer into the water, again keeping the tires of the tow vehicle at water’s edge, not in the water.
- Maneuver the boat carefully onto the submerged trailer, attach a bow line and shut off the engine prior to raising it.
Should you use the parking brake at a boat ramp?
If you don’t have to get out of the car to launch the boat, stay behind the wheel, don’t use the parking brake and keep your foot on the brakes. Hard. The parking brake only locks the rear wheels on most cars, so keeping your foot on the brake adds the friction of two more tires higher up the slope to prevent slippage.
What precaution should anglers and hunters?
Safety Tips for Anglers and Hunters
- Wear a PFD at all times while on the water. Wearable PFDs come in a variety of styles, including camouflage vests and float coats.
- Remember that cold water can be a killer. When fishing or hunting on cold water, dress in several layers under your PFD.
What is the first thing you should do after retrieving a boat?
Pull the trailer and boat well away from the ramp area for cleanup, reloading, securing equipment and safety check. (Be sure to remove any remnants of nuisance species before leaving ramp area.) Remove the drain plug to allow water to drain from the bilge.
What is the first thing you should do after retrieving a boat onto a trailer quizlet?
What is the first thing you should do after retrieving a boat onto a trailer? Pull the trailer well away from the boat ramp. Where should portable gasoline tanks be filled?
What is an important step in the fueling process of a boat?
Proper Fueling Procedures
- Secure boat to the dock.
- Switch off engine.
- Extinguish all open flames.
- Do not use electrical switches.
- No smoking.
- Ports, hatches, and doors closed.
- Make certain all passengers are ashore.
- Determine quantity of fuel required and make sure it is the proper type of fuel.