Table of Contents
What major events happened between 1900 and 1950?
Combined: 1900 to 1950
|1901||Death of Queen Victoria|
|1914||First World War – Germany/Austria vs Britain/France/Russia|
|1914||Panama Canal opened|
|1914||Charlie Chaplin makes his first silent movies|
|1916||Albert Einstein publishes General Theory of Relativity|
What major events happened in 1945?
Truman becomes US President following the death of President Roosevelt, Nuclear Bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki Japan surrender on August 14 ( V-J Day ), Germany Concentration Camps Liberated, Yalta Agreement signed, Germany is divided between Allied occupation forces, United Nations Charter creates United …
What happened in 1912 in the world?
April 14–15 – Sinking of the RMS Titanic: RMS Titanic strikes an iceberg in the northern Atlantic Ocean and sinks with the loss of more than 1,500 lives. The wreck would not be discovered until 1985. April 16 – Harriet Quimby becomes the first woman to fly across the English Channel.
What major events happened in the 1900s?
- 1901 – President McKinley assassinated, Vice President Roosevelt becomes the 26th President.
- 1901 – U.S. Steel founded by John Pierpont Morgan.
- 1901 – Hay–Pauncefote Treaty.
- 1901 – Louis Armstrong born.
- 1901 – Jacquan Boyd born.
- 1902 – Drago Doctrine.
- 1902 – First Rose Bowl game played.
- 1902 – Newlands Reclamation Act.
What major events happened in the 1910s?
Politics and wars
- World War I (1914–1918)
- Wadai War (1909–1911)
- Italo-Turkish War (1911–1912)
- First Balkan Wars (1912–1913) – two wars that took place in South-eastern Europe in 1912 and 1913.
- Saudi-Ottoman War (1913)
What happened in the 1910s?
The 1910’s were a time of great change for the United States of America. The 1910’s the time when the KKK became known for lynching and other violent acts. The decade where U.S. became a great power after being victorious in the War to end all wars took place in.
What was happening in 1947?
India and Pakistan gain independence from Great Britain. More Information and Timeline for India and Pakistan Independence. India and Pakistan become independent nations on August 15 after the Indian Independence Bill goes into effect. The countries had previously been under British rule for over two hundred years.
What happened June 2nd 1945?
75 Years Ago—June 2, 1945: US Naval Task Force 38 attacks kamikaze bases in southern Japan, forcing operations further north in Japan.
What famous event happened in 1912?
14–15 April – the RMS Titanic sinks: The White Star liner RMS Titanic strikes an iceberg and sinks on her maiden voyage from the United Kingdom to the United States.
What major events happened in 1913?
- Woodrow Wilson is sworn in as the 28th President of the United States, and Thomas R.
- The U.S. Department of Commerce and U.S. Department of Labor are established by splitting the duties of the 10-year-old Department of Commerce and Labor.
- The first U.S. law regulating the shooting of migratory birds is passed.
What bad things happened in 1919?
1919 was the worst year because of a combination of the red scare, racial tensions, and post war attitudes. The Red Scare resulted in the bombings of 1919; the bombs were sent to prominent anti communist officials by immigrant radicals.
What was happening in 1913 in the US?
February 3 – The 16th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, authorizing the Federal government to impose and collect income taxes. February 4 – Rosa Parks is born. February 17 – The Armory Show opens in New York City. The first U.S. law regulating the shooting of migratory birds is passed.