Table of Contents
What is an example of Commence?
To begin; start. The definition of commence means to begin something. Starting to work on a new project is an example of to commence.
Does commence mean to start?
to begin; start.
Will commence on or from?
The examination will commence from Monday. implies it will start on Monday but continue for one or more days. There is an implied “to”: The examination will commence from Monday and continue to Wednesday.
How do you use the word anticipate in a sentence?
Anticipate sentence example
- There was every reason to anticipate the success of the second.
- She always seemed to know what was going on inside people’s heads, and to anticipate how a person would react to a given circumstance.
- I didn’t anticipate all this static.
Has been commenced in a sentence?
Sentence examples for has been commenced from inspiring English sources. Some authorities suggest that it is the result from overvigorous fluid replacement, but the complication may develop before treatment has been commenced. Ideally, patients would be randomised before any kind of treatment has been commenced.
How do you use commence?
(1) Work will commence on the new building immediately. (2) We will commence with this work. (3) Training will commence on 5 October, running from Tuesday to Saturday inclusive. (4) We will commence building work in August of next year.
What is the opposite commence?
commence. Antonyms: abstain, bring to an end, cease, come to an end, conclude, desist, discontinue, end, end, finish, give over, intermit, leave off, pause, quit, refrain, stop, terminate. Synonyms: begin, enter upon, inaugurate, initiate, institute, originate, set about, set going, set in operation, set on foot, start.
What is mean by commence?
transitive verb. : to enter upon : begin commence proceedings. intransitive verb. 1 : to have or make a beginning : start.
How do you use anticipate?
- anticipate something We don’t anticipate any major problems.
- Our anticipated arrival time is 8.30.
- The eagerly anticipated movie will be released next month.
- anticipate doing something They anticipate moving to bigger premises by the end of the year.
What is an example of anticipated?
An example of anticipate is to turn in a school project before the due date. Anticipate means to use up something before you have it. An example of anticipate is when a person writes checks for all his bills before his next paycheck is deposited.
What is the another word of Commence?
The definition of initiate is to cause something to begin or to introduce someone to some subject, topic or group. To undertake is defined as to manage funerals and burials.
What is a good synonym for commence?
- take up.