Table of Contents
What are the various advantages and disadvantages of democratic government class 9?
A democratic government is a better government because it is a more accountable form of government. Democracy improves the quality of Decision Making. Democracy provides a method to deal with differences and conflicts. Democracy allows people to correct their own mistakes.
What are the challenges faced by democratic government in modern times?
Other challenges are: 1) Poverty, health care, low literacy rate, over population, unemployment are prevalent in most parts of India, hampering national progress. 2) Caste and gender discrimination continues to prevail in Indian Society, slackening advancement and development.
What are the arguments in Favour of democracy?
Write any five arguments in favour of democracy?
- More Accountability from Democratic Government.
- Improved Decision-Making Qualities.
- Democracy provides a method to deal with differences and conflicts.
- Democracy enhances the dignity of citizens.
What are the advantages in democracy?
A democracy encourages equality in a positive way. The structure of a democracy gives every vote an equal amount of weight during an election.
Why is democracy ineffective in the United States?
Democracy is ineffective unless voters educate themselves on governing decisions. A democracy allows an individual to cast a vote either directly or through a preferred representative on the issues that the government must manage. There is no direction as to how voters approach this responsibility.
Why are democracies less likely to go to war?
8. Democracies are less likely to conduct warfare. Although the United States is approaching its 20-year anniversary of involvement in Afghanistan, democratic systems are less likely to go to war compared to other forms of government. Warfare requires the will of the people in a majority support such actions.
Why is democracy the best form of government?
Even Vladimir Lenin felt that democracy was the goal of communism, using a dictator to control the proletariat until such a status became possible. Now many believe that a democracy is the best form of government that is available today because it gives each person the freedom to have a voice.